Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This soup is so near the flavor of real turtle soup that few people are able to tell the difference!
- 375 gm black bean packet
- 2 litres water
- a large pinch parsley
- a large pinch thyme
- a large pinch summer savory
- 1 tsp butter,cold
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ½ glass of wine
- few meatballs of forcemeat
- Soak the black beans in water overnight.
- Boil them in 2 liters of water until they are soft.
- Puree the beans in a blender or push through a sieve, reserving liquid.
- Return the purée to the soup pot along with the liquid.
- Put the parsley,thyme, and summer savory into a small piece of muslin, tie and put into the pot.
- Add butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the egg yolks, lemon slices, wine, and meatballs.