Turon, or the fried banana roll, is one of the very popular merienda (snack) of the Filipinos. It is rolled with paper-thin wrapper (lumpia wrapper). After it is rolled, it is coated with sugar; then it is deep-fried so it gives the crunch to the pastry.
- 12 bananas, peeled and cut into half, lengthwise
- brown sugar
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 24 lumpia wrappers (spring roll)
- 2 cups langka (jackfruit)
- Roll each banana in sugar. Wrap banana and langka/jackfruit in lumpia wrapper.
- Fry in hot oil until golden and crispy. Place the fried banana rolls on a plate (they will stick to paper towels) and add more sugar on top, if desired. Serve hot and plain or with other fruits or desserts.