Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 8 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 2" x ½" strips
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 large carrots, scraped and cut into 2" x ½" strips
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 (4oz) jar chopped pimento
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large pot, cover with water and cook 5-8 min. or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Stir in peas and pimento. Set aside while combining other ingredients.
- Stir soup, sour cream and basil together, add vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a well-greased 9" square casserole dish.
- Combine stuffing and butter. Spread over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 min.