Casserole of mixed vegetables
- ½ kg beef
- 2 – 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 – 7 pearl onions, peeled
- ¼ kg okra
- 1 brown round eggplant, peeled and cubed
- ¼ kg string beans, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup peas, shelled
- 1 teaspoon mint powder
- 1 hot pepper, chopped very fine
- cooking fat
- salt and pepper
- To prepare okra, wash and dry the okra well.
- Peel ridges very thinly, then peel the cap by turning okra around a knife, removing the hard edges.
- The top of the okra should then look conical.
- Cut meat into bite sized cubes and fry until the juice is reabsorbed.
- Remove from pan and place in casserole dish.
- Toss all the vegetables, except the hot pepper, into remaining cooking oil and sauté.
- Strain, add to meat, together with mint powder, hot pepper and seasoning.
- Cover with water and cook over very low flame until vegetables are tender.[[Category:Pea Recipes]