Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Casserole of mixed vegetables
- ½ kg beef
- 2 – 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 – 7 pearl onions, peeled
- ¼ kg okra
- 1 brown round eggplant, peeled and cubed
- ¼ kg string beans, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup peas, shelled
- 1 teaspoon mint powder
- 1 hot pepper, chopped very fine
- cooking fat
- salt and pepper
- To prepare okra, wash and dry the okra well.
- Peel ridges very thinly, then peel the cap by turning okra around a knife, removing the hard edges.
- The top of the okra should then look conical.
- Cut meat into bite sized cubes and fry until the juice is reabsorbed.
- Remove from pan and place in casserole dish.
- Toss all the vegetables, except the hot pepper, into remaining cooking oil and sauté.
- Strain, add to meat, together with mint powder, hot pepper and seasoning.
- Cover with water and cook over very low flame until vegetables are tender.[[Category:Pea Recipes]