Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Prajitura turceasca (Tis-pis-tiri)
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- grated peel from 1 lemon
- flour as needed
- shortening and flour to grease and dust the pan
- Beat the sugar with the egg, mix with oil, salt, lemon peel, sugar and water.
- Add flour and knead a soft dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then roll into a finger thick sheet.
- Cut into squares (not too big) and arrange on the greased and dusted baking sheet, at a distance one from the other.
- While they bake, prepare the syrup.
- Set to boil the sugar with 1¼ cup water and vanilla; after a few minutes, add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- When the squares are nicely golden-brown, scald with this syrup and bake a little longer so that the syrup gets well into the dough.