In Romanian: Baclava turceasca
- 14 oz / 400 g ground walnuts
- 10 oz / 300 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Medium thick syrup from 10 oz / 300 g sugar
- Mix the ground walnuts with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Out of the strudel dough, cut pieces the size of the baking pan.
- Grease the pan with butter and place three sheets one on top of the other, sprinkle with some melted butter, place three more sheets, sprinkle with butter, place three more sheets and sprinkle with butter.
- Place the ½ inch thick filling over these nine sheets.
- On top of the filling, place another nine sheets, greased the same way.
- Grease the last sheet well and then, with a very sharp knife, cut into squares.
- Set in the oven to bake.
- When almost done, pour the syrup over it and bake until golden brown.
- Remove each square and arrange on a platter.