Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Curcan cu gutui
- 6 turkey portions (breast, thighs, etc.)
- 4 medium quinces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lard
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Fry the turkey pieces with a tablespoon of lard until yellow.
- Add ½ teaspoon of flour and salt, cover with water and simmer, covered.
- In the meantime, peel the quinces, cut into thick slices, remove seeds, dredge with flour and fry in lard on both sides.
- When the meat is almost done, add 1 teaspoon of caramelized sugar to which a little turkey broth or water was added and 1 teaspoon of regular sugar.
- Place the quinces over the meat, cover the pan and simmer.
- Do not stir, but shake the pan occasionally.
- The sauce must be greatly reduced.