Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking
- Number of Servings: 7
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (save yourself some prep time and buy pre-sliced mushrooms.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 x 14.5oz cans fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups roasted turkey breast, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild and long-grain rice
- ½ cup evaporated fat-free milk
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat margarine in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, and mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add flour, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir (make sure to scrape the brown bits on the bottom of pan).
- Add thyme, bay leaf, turkey, and rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 cup serving:
- 175 Calories | 15 Calories From Fat | 2g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 33mg Cholesterol | 678mg Sodium | 21g Total Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 5g Sugars | 18g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 2 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable