Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8-10
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4½ cups cooked turkey
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups chopped green pepper
- 2 cups sliced broccoli
- 1 (4-ounce) can of mushrooms
- 1 (14-ounce) can of Chinese vegetables
- 1 (5¼-ounce) can of pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Kiwifruit slices
- Heat oil and stir-fry turkey and onion until onion is translucent. Drain pineapple, reserving juice and set aside.
- Blend pineapple juice, orange juice, vinegar, and cornstarch. Stir into turkey and onions.
- Add green pepper and broccoli. Cover and steam for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, Chinese vegetables and pineapple. Cook, stirring 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and orange peel. Mix well. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle toasted pecans on top. Garnish with kiwifruit slices.