Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20 - 30 minutes
A nutritious, healthy meal featuring turkey seasoned with some simple, yet tasty, ingredients. Serve with a loaf of crusty ciabatta bread (or whatever you have on hand) and a good red wine.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (93/7 blend)
- 5 oz smoked turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1¼ cups chicken stock
- 8 oz rigatoni or penne pasta
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Brown the turkey in a nonstick saucepan, breaking up any large pieces until the meat is well-browned all over.
- Add the chopped turkey bacon, garlic, onion, carrots, paste, stock and seasoning. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain the pasta thoroughly and mix with the turkey sauce.
- Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until lightly browned on top.