Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Turkey Tostadas from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 8 x 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 x 16-ounce can refried beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3½ cups cooked turkey, diced
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets and bake for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- In a small or medium saucepan, heat refried beans then stir in chili powder and cumin over medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the turkey, green onions and tomatoes.
- Remove tortillas from oven.
- Spoon the refried beans equally in the center of each tortilla then spread to about ½ inch from the edge.
- Spread an equal amount of the turkey mixture over each tortilla then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Place the tostadas back in the oven and bake until the cheese melts then serve.