Turkey Tostadas from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 8 x 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 x 16-ounce can refried beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3½ cups cooked turkey, diced
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets and bake for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- In a small or medium saucepan, heat refried beans then stir in chili powder and cumin over medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the turkey, green onions and tomatoes.
- Remove tortillas from oven.
- Spoon the refried beans equally in the center of each tortilla then spread to about ½ inch from the edge.
- Spread an equal amount of the turkey mixture over each tortilla then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Place the tostadas back in the oven and bake until the cheese melts then serve.