Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 4 Servings
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup white wine
- pinch red (cayenne) pepper
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the turkey, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Stir in arrowroot, broth, and wine and bring to a simmer.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and poppy seeds.
- Return turkey to skillet and simmer, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in yogurt.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- Cals: 320 | Fat: 17 g | Chol: 65 mg | Carb: 12 g | Protein: 24 g | Sod: 241 mg
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 Meat, 2 Vegetable