- ¾ Cup vinegar
- ¼ Cup dry sherry
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp ginger root, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp crunched red pepper
- 12 turkey breast tenderloin steaks (approximately 3 lbs)
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- ¾ Cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 California avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas (optional)
- For marinade, combine vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, ginger root, garlic and red pepper.
- Set 1/4 cup mixture aside.
- Rinse Turkey and place in shallow baking pan.
- Pour marinade over turkey. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, turning once.
- For salsa, in a bowl combine reserved marinade, tomato, green onion, green pepper, and cilantro.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Drain turkey, reserving marinade.
- Grill on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12–15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once and brushing often with the reserved marinade.
- To heat tortillas, place in a single layer on the grill rack about 1 minute.
- Serve turkey topped with 2 slices of avocado and chilled salsa with a tortilla on the side, if desired.