Purchased from the Wagner Estate in Wichita Falls, Texas in 1990. Dated 1944.
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium white Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked whole-kernel corn
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Brown the Turkey, garlic, Onion and green peppers in a skillet for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add water and cook, stirring, until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Pour the meat mixture into a three-quart casserole.
- Layer the corn on top of the Turkey.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the corn and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.