Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: American Heart Association Cookbook, 5th Edition © 1973, 1975, 1979, 1984, 1991, 1998 American Heart Association
- Serves 8
- 1 lb lean ground turkey meat
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ to ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp plain, fine bread crumbs
- ½ cup homemade chicken broth or low-sodium chicken broth
- vegetable oil spray (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, herbs and bread crumbs.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add chicken broth and stir again.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Form into 8 patties, about ¾-inch thick.
- Spray skillet with vegetable oil spray, or use a nonstick skillet.
- Place patties in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 patty):
- 94 Calories | 13g Protein | 3g Carbs | 3g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 1g Polyunsaturated Fat | 1g Monounsaturated Fat | 35mg Cholesterol | 127mg Sodium