Makes 6 servings.
- 6 turkey breast tenderloin steaks (about 3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 10-ounce can tomatoes, crushed
- ⅔ cup cocktail vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Saute steaks on both sides in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat about 8 minutes. Pour off fat.
- Lightly sprinkle turkey slices with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, vegetable juice, worcestershire sauce, basil, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper and garlic powder.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to sauce.
- Pour sauce over turkey.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until turkey is tender and sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Remove from heat. Cover; allow to stand 5 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- Serve over fluffy rice.