Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pita breads (6 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium stalk celery, sliced (½ cup)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- paprika, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook turkey, margarine and poultry seasoning in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
- Split each pita bread around edge with knife to make 2 rounds.
- Line bottom and about halfway up sides of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with pita breads (they will overlap slightly in middle).
- Layer turkey, tomato and celery on pitas.
- Mix remaining ingredients except paprika; spoon over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until topping is light brown.