- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups cooked and cubed turkey or chicken
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ¼ cup chutney
- ¼ cup sherry
- Bombay sauce
- 2 California avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- crumbled bacon
- peanuts or toasted coconut, optional
Bombay Sauce Edit
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp each pepper and paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan.
- Sauté turkey and onion until lightly browned.
- Add curry powder; continue to saute.
- Stir in chutney and sherry.
- Pour Bombay sauce into turkey mixture and place over low heat to warm through spoon into each avocado half.
- Garnish with bacon, peanuts or coconut and serve.