Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 4 lb ground turkey
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups cooked mashed potatoes - divided
- beet juice drained from a can of beets
- carrot rounds or shredded carrots
- You can reduce this recipe to a smaller scale by using 1 pound of meat and cutting all the other ingredients by a fourth.
- The cake tastes good as it is, but people might want to add salt or other seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease two 9-inch round or square baking dishes, or a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (if using a dog-shaped cake mold, place it on a greased baking sheet).
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, cooked rice, carrots, celery and parsley; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the beaten eggs, garlic and oil.
- Add to turkey mixture and mix well.
- Add to baking dishes and bake 1½ hours or until meat is fully cooked.
- Cool loaf.
- Reserve about ½ cup mashed potatoes; 'ice' the cooled loaf with the remaining mashed potatoes.
- Thin the reserved potatoes with milk; add beet juice to desired color and pour into a pastry bag fitted with a round or star tip.
- Use to make decorations and to write the dog's name on top.
- Make rosettes and add carrot rounds or shredded carrots, or any other vegetable your dog likes.
- And don't forget the candles.