Purchased from the Wells Estate in Canton, Texas in 1987. Dated 1962.
- 2 pounds ground Turkey
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 medium white Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- In medium bowl combine Turkey, 2 tablespoons chili sauce, egg, half of chopped Onion, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add Turkey burgers and cook over medium heat, until bottoms are just browned.
- Turn and sprinkle remaining chopped Onion around patties.
- Cook, stirring onions occasionally until second side of patties is just browned and onions are softened.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix remaining chili sauce, brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until sauce is thickened and burgers are cooked through.