Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 cups Cornbread, coarsley crumbled
- 4 English muffins coarsely crumbled
- 3 Mild green chilies roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 lb ITALIAN Turkey Sausage
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 4 tbsp Turkey BROTH or water
- 1 BONE-IN Turkey BREAST (5-6 pounds)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- vegetable cooking spray
In large bowl combine Cornbread, muffins, chilies, red pepper, pine nuts, cilantro, parsley, basil, thyme, and
oregano; set aside.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, saute Turkey Sausage, celery and Onion 8 to 10 minutes or until Sausage is
no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Combine Turkey mixture with Cornbread mixture.
Add broth or water if mixture is too dry; set aside.
Loosen skin on both sides of Turkey breast, being careful not to tear skin, leaving it connected at breast bone.
Spread 1 tablespoon garlic under loosened skin over each breast half.
Repeat procedure, spreading 1/4 cup cilantro over each breast half.
Place Turkey in 13-X 9-X 2-inch roasting pan, lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray.
Spoon half of stuffing mixture under breast cavity.
Spoon remaining stuffing into 2-quart casserole, lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
Roast Turkey breast, uncovered, at 325 degrees F. 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F
in deepest portion of breast.
Bake remaining stuffing uncovered along with Turkey breast during last 45 minutes.