- In a large saucepan, place meat and oil and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add bay leaf, sage, garlic and rosemary and saute, stirring frequently until meat is dark brown on all sides.
- Transfer meat to a dish to cool.
- Remove and discard bay leaf, sage, garlic and rosemary.
- Add nuts to saucepan with oil and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from the matzot, but do not squeeze dry.
- Add soaked matzot to the saucepan and turn heat off.
- If using cubed turkey breast, grind it now and return to the saucepan.
- Add beaten eggs and mix thoroughly.
- oil a 9 inch cake pan and sprinkle with matza meal.
- Pour meat mixture into it; level it with a spatula.
- With a small ladle, make three depressions near the centre and place 1 egg yolk in each depression.
- Bake in 375 °F oven for ½ hour.
- ↑ Matzots may be bought in Jewish grocery stores and many supermarkets
- ↑ the recipe calls for cubes of turkey breast to be ground; however I think a substitution of pre-ground turkey would be acceptable break matzot directly into a shallow bowl and pour broth over them.
- ↑ Matza meal may be bought in Jewish grocery stores and many supermarkets