Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well, June/July 2006
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.31.07
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 4 medium-large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup finely shredded fontina cheese
- Position rack in the lowest position; preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place oil and onion in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to prevent scorching, until softened and starting to turn golden, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Meanwhile, combine rosemary, sage, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a small dish.
- Place turkey in a medium bowl and sprinkle the spice mixture over it.
- Gently knead to combine.
- Form into 4 equal balls.
- Rub mushrooms on both sides with Worcestershire.
- Place one turkey ball in each mushroom cap, patting down to fill the cap.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms on the bottom rack until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spread the onion mixture over the filling and top with cheese.
- Continue baking until the cheese is melted and golden and the turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
ChupaNote: added a couple of handfuls of minced bell pepper (red, yellow, orange) to step 5.
Nutritional information Edit
- 275 calories | 15g fat (5g sat, 4g mono) | 81mg cholesterol | 8g carbohydrate | 28g protein; 1g fiber; 535mg sodium; 534mg potassium.
- Selenium (40% daily value) | Iron & Potassium (15% dv).
- Exchanges: 1½ vegetable | 3½ lean meat | 1 fat
- Carbohydrate serving: ½