Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Turkey-Apple Gyros from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 2 medium golden delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 6 whole-wheat pita bread rounds (6½” diameter)
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Toss apple with lemon juice, set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onion and peppers in hot oil, stirring frequently until tender.
- Add turkey to skillet and stir until heated through then add apple slices.
- Combine garlic and yogurt then set aside.
- Lightly toast the pita and then cut in half. Fill each half with the turkey mixture.
- Equally divide yogurt over turkey mixture then serve.