- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 3 cups cooked diced Turkey
- 1/8 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the rice, cover, and cook over low heat 40–45 minutes or until just tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl, fluff with a fork and cool. While rice is cooking, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, oil, salt, pepper, ginger and orange rind.
- Add 3 tbsp. of dressing to the Turkey. Add the Onion and mix well. Toss the Turkey mixture with the rice and remaining dressing. Add the water chestnuts, parsley and mango and mix lightly.