Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tunisian carrot salad
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook carrots in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain well. Stir oil, cumin and Cayenne in heavy large skillet over medium heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add carrots, then 1/2 cup water and vinegar.
- Simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cool. Mix in cilantro.
(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)