Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- dash of salt
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (or to taste)
- 1 28 oz. can undrained, chopped tomato
- 1 16 oz. can drained garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup currents or Raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked couscous (below)
- 4 tablespoons feta Cheese
- toasted slivered almonds
- salt, to taste
In a large non-stick dutch oven, saute the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the cabbage, sprinkle with salt, and continue to saute for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and Cayenne to the pot and saute for another minute for so. Stir in the tomatoes, chick Peas, and currents or Raisins, and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. Add the lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve over couscous, top with crumbled feta Cheese, and toasted almonds if you like.