Tender creamy-fleshed potatoes are delicious as a mezze. Scented with cumin and punctuated with salty black olives. It's good, too, without , but with a handful of crisp fat green beans added to the plate.
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 to 20 oil-cured black Mediterranean *3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste *
- Place the potatoes in a pot with water to cover; add 1 teaspoon salt and the Sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender (timing depends on the size and age of the potatoes).
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and shake in the dry pan for a few minutes, until thoroughly dry.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices, several per Potato, or into quarters. Place in a bowl and toss with the cumin, paprika, Cayenne, garlic and . Dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve at room temperature.
Serves 4 to 6.