Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tender creamy-fleshed potatoes are delicious as a mezze. Scented with cumin and punctuated with salty black olives. It's good, too, without , but with a handful of crisp fat green beans added to the plate.
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 to 20 oil-cured black Mediterranean *3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste *
- Place the potatoes in a pot with water to cover; add 1 teaspoon salt and the Sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender (timing depends on the size and age of the potatoes).
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and shake in the dry pan for a few minutes, until thoroughly dry.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices, several per Potato, or into quarters. Place in a bowl and toss with the cumin, paprika, Cayenne, garlic and . Dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve at room temperature.
Serves 4 to 6.