Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tunisian Farka, Serves 8
- 2 2/3 cups couscous (about 1 pound)
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted mixed nuts (such as walnuts, blanched almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios and pine nuts)
- 1 8-ounce box pitted dates, cut into pieces
- 2 cups milk, hot
- Additional Sugar
- Place couscous in large bowl.
- Bring 2 2/3 cups water, 1/2 cup Sugar and oil to boil in heavy large saucepan, stirring to dissolve Sugar.
- Pour mixture over couscous and stir until well blended.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork to separate grains.
- Mix nuts and dates into couscous.
- Transfer couscous to 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Cool.
- Cover with foil. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Bake couscous until heated through, about 20 minutes. Spoon into bowls.
- Serve, passing hot milk and additional Sugar separately.