- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 eggs
- mint sprigs, to garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add bell peppers and chile, cover and cook 8 minutes or until bell peppers are just tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Add tomatoes to bell pepper mixture, cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetavles are blended but still retain their shape and texture.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in mint.
- Divide mixture among four ovenproof dishes.
- Make an indentation in vegetables and carefully add an egg to each one.
- Cook in oven 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.