Aromatic Soup with potatoes
- 4 cup water
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 med tomatoes, peeled, quartered
- 3 x garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Dried crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup Plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 lb Firm white fillets, (such as cod, Haddock or sea bass) (1-inch-thick)
- 3 tbl olive oil
- Combine first 9 ingredients in large pot. Add 1/3 cup cilantro and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes. Add and olive oil and simmer until is cooked, about 10 minutes. Using back of spoon, break up into smaller pieces. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and serve.
- Serves 4.