Makes 4 servings.
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- bouillon granules
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 x 9¼-ounce can tuna, drained and flaked
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Cook celery and onion in butter in small skillet until soft but not brown.
- Blend in flour, poultry seasoning and black pepper.
- Add bouillon granules and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and thickened. Chill.
- Mix sauce with rice, tuna and cheese.
- Form into 8 balls (⅓ cup each). Mix bread crumbs, walnuts and paprika. Roll balls in mixture.
- Place balls in greased shallow 1½-quart baking dish. Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with sauce made by combining and heating soup, sour cream and sherry.