Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 10
- 1 12-ounce can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 whole large egg
- ⅓ cup low fat mayonnaise/mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh onion
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- ⅓ cup (5 ounces) shredded American cheese
- 5 English muffins, split
- Hard-cook egg: place egg in small saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water. Peel and chop.
- In a bowl, combine dry mustard and mayonnaise.
- Stir in onions, celery, chopped egg, and drained tuna. Toss lightly to mix.
- Mix in half of shredded cheese.
- Lay out split English muffins onto a baking pan. Spread ¼ cup of tuna salad to the edge of each muffin.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.