Mandarin oranges add sweetness and moistness to ordinary tuna salad. A touch of curry can be added for the more adventurous or exotic.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (12 ounces) solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise dressing
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped lettuce or baby spinach leaves
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise and curry powder in medium bowl; mix well.
- Stir in oranges and celery.
- Spread ½ cup tuna mixture onto each tortilla to within 1 inch of edge; top with ½ cup lettuce.
- Roll up; serve immediately.
Nutrition information Edit
Per serving (¼ of a recipe):
- calories 270 | calories from fat 35 | carbohydrates 34g (11% DV) | dietary fiber 1g (3% DV) | sugars 2g | protein 23g | total fat 4g (6% DV) | saturated fat 0.5g (3% DV) | cholesterol 25mg (8% DV) | sodium 630mg (26% DV) | Vitamin A (20% DV) | Vitamin C (35% DV) | calcium (10% DV) | iron (15% DV)