Yield 4 cups - 6 servings.
- 6½ oz (2) of cans tuna chunk-style packed in water
- 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of water at room temperature
- 3 tbsp of margarine
- ½ cup of instant dry milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 oz (1) can of mushroom stems pieces drained
- whisper of pepper
- Drain tuna well.
- Discard liquid and set tuna aside for later use.
- Place margarine in a 1½ qt. saucepan.
- Melt over moderate heat.
- Add celery and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat until celery is limp.
- Add flour to vegetables and cook and stir until flour is dissolved.
- With a fork, mix water, dry milk, salt, and pepper to blend.
- Add to vegetables and cook and stir over moderate heat until smooth and thickened.
- Add tuna.
- Mix very lightly and serve hot using ¾ cup per serving.
Nutritional infirmation Edit