Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Yield 4 cups - 6 servings
- 6½ oz (2) cans tuna chunk-style packed in water
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cup water at room temperature
- 3 tbsp margarine
- ½ cup instant dry milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz (1)cn mushroom stems pieces drained
- whisper of pepper
- Drain tuna well.
- Discard liquid and set tuna fish aside for later use.
- Place margarine in a 1 ½ qt.
- Melt over moderate heat.
- Add celery and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat until celery is limp.
- Add flour to vegetables and cook and stir until flour is dissolved.
- With a fork, mix water, dry milk, salt, and pepper to blend.
- Add to vegetables and cook and stir over moderate heat until smooth and thickened.
- Add tuna.
- Mix very lightly and serve hot using ¾ cup per serving.
Nutritional information Edit
nutritive values per serving: 179 calories; 6 gm. Carbohydrates; 20 gm. Protein; 8 gm. Fat; 381 mg. Sodium. Food exchanges per serving: ½ milk, 2 lean meat low-sodium diets: omit salt. Use salt-free margarine