Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
- Yield: 1 serving
- 8 oz tuna, cut into 6 equal chunks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 mushrooms
- 4 squares red pepper, 1 inch each
- 4 slices zucchini, ¼-inch thick
- 4 chunks fresh, peeled pineapple, 1 inch each
- 4 medium cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, coat the tuna chunks with the mustard.
- Skewer the tuna, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, pineapple, and cherry tomatoes, alternating each item twice, beginning and ending with a tuna chunk.
- Sprinkle each skewer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray and place the skewers on the baking sheet.
- Broil for 6 to 8 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 351 Calories | 4g Fat | 98mg Cholesterol | 762mg Sodium | 23g Carbs | 56g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable | 7 very lean meat | ½ fruit