- ½ pound beans, green, fresh, cut into ½ inch lengths
- 8 tomatoes, ripe, plum, cut into 8 pieces each
- 6 scallions, with 3 inches green, cut on diagonal into thin slices
- ½ cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, tiny
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans tuna fish, with water drained (or 1 kg. fresh tuna)
- ¾ pound pasta, tube shaped, (ziti or penne), cooked al dente
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water about 2 minutes, or until just crisp but tender.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked green beans with tomatoes, scallions, olives, capers, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, folding ingredients gently.
- Let rest at room temperature for at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- To serve, flake the tuna in large pieces; add to the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss gently.
- Adjust seasonings and garnish with the remaining parsley.
- Serve at room temperature.
Tuna Videos Edit