- 3/4 cup Dried pinto beans
- 1 1/2 cup Tumbleweed greens or curly endive, or fennel tops
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tbl Herb flavored red wine vinegar
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh chives
- 2 sm garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- chive blossoms for garnish
- Soak the beans overnight in water to cover.
- In the morning, drain the beans, rinse them under cold running water, and place them in a saucepan with fresh water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer several hours until the beans are soft and the skins begin to split.
- Add water when necessary to keep the beans from drying, and stir occasionally to prevent them from burning and sticking.
- Remove from the heat, drain, and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, toss together the greens, beans and rice.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, chives, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Blend at high speed until the chives and garlic are finely pureed.