Spicy minced meat
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 2 spoons sunflower or other vegetable oil
- 50 cc chili paste (berbere)
- 50 cc zeTekhelese tesmi (spiced butter)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 large tomatoes, skinned
- 1 kilo beef or lamb, shredded
- pepper and salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying-pan and fry the onions light golden.
- Add the berbere and the tegelese tesmi and some water if necessary and simmer it on a low fire.
- Add the ginger and the garlic after 10 minutes and the sliced skinned tomatoes, some salt and some pepper after another 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the meat and simmer it until the meat is done.
- Add some water if necessary. Serve with injera.