Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy minced meat
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 2 spoons sunflower or other vegetable oil
- 50 cc chili paste (berbere)
- 50 cc zeTekhelese tesmi (spiced butter)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 large tomatoes, skinned
- 1 kilo beef or lamb, shredded
- pepper and salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying-pan and fry the onions light golden.
- Add the berbere and the tegelese tesmi and some water if necessary and simmer it on a low fire.
- Add the ginger and the garlic after 10 minutes and the sliced skinned tomatoes, some salt and some pepper after another 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the meat and simmer it until the meat is done.
- Add some water if necessary. Serve with injera.