Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the lime juice for hour.
- In a heavy saucepan sauté the onions in 2 tbsp of the spiced butter.
- Cover the pot and cook the onions over low heat until they are very tender but not browned.
- Add the remaining butter to the pot along with the berbere sauce, wine, garlic, cayenne and ginger.
- Add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer and add the chicken pieces.
- Cook, covered, for 30 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender, adding more water as necessary to keep the sauce from drying out.
- When the chicken is tender, add salt to taste.
- Add the eggs and heat through.
- Top with the black pepper prior to serving.