- 3 medium size onions, chopped
- 50 cc chili paste (berbere)
- 50 cc Tegelese Tesmi
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- 2 spoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled
- 1 kilo chicken
- 6 hard boiled eggs (peeled)
- pepper and salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into pieces and drain them well.
- Sprinkle the pieces with a mixture of the lemon juice and the salt and marinate during 30 minutes.
- Fry the onions lightly on a low fire in the frying-pan.
- Do not use butter or oil.
- Add some water if necessary to prevent burning or sticking.
- When the onions are done, add the berbere and fry shortly.
- Add the tegelese tesmi and fry this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes skinned and sliced, garlic and ginger and simmer during 20 minutes on a low fire, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Add some water and the pieces of chicken and simmer until the chicken is done.
- Add the eggs to the sauce shortly before serving.
- Serve with injera.