There is no end to the variety of Tropical Whips you can make using different fruits in different combinations. Use the same proportions as in this recipe and you will have a lovely dessert. We found this particular recipe in Liberia but they are equally as popular in East and South Africa.
- 4 egg yolks and 4 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 mashed bananas
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (16 oz can)
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- In an electric blender or mixer:.
- Beat: 4 egg yolks with ¼ cup sugar until light.
- Add: 4 mashed bananas, 2 cups crushed pineapple (16 oz can), 1 cup orange juice and ½ cup shredded coconut.
- Pour into freezer pans and freeze until mushy.
- Beat 4 egg whites until stiff.
- Add ¼ cup sugar.
- Beat to meringue consistency.
- Fold into fruits, and freeze until firm.
- Serve in dessert (or stemmed bar) glasses topped with: whipped cream and maraschino cherry with stems.