Makes 10 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 2½ cups skim milk, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons prepared butter flavored granules
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces soft tofu, beaten (about 1 cup)
- 2 x 8-ounce cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Combine rice, water, 2 cups milk, salt and butter flavoring in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat eggs; combine with remaining ½ cup milk.
- Stir into rice mixture. Add sugar and vanilla; cook about 3 minutes. Cool.
- Fold in tofu, pineapple and whipped topping.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Sprinkle with coconut and garnish with additional topping, if desired.