Makes 6 servings.
- 3 bananas, quartered
- 3 pineapple slices, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups hot curry sauce
- Cook pineapple and bananas in butter in large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Cook chicken in same skillet about 3 minutes, stirring to cook evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken and fruit over hot rice.
- Sprinkle with almonds; garnish with cherries, if desired.
- Serve with curry sauce, prepared according to your favorite curry sauce recipe or packaged mix.