Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 16-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Combine rice, butter, salt, milk and 2 cups water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks; add half and half. Stir into rice mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup Sugar and vanilla; cook 3 minutes. Cool.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 1/4 cup Sugar until stiff but not dry; fold into pudding.
- Spoon into serving dish. Spread pineapple over top; sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve chilled.