Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings
- 3⅓ cups cake flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups unsalted butter
- 3⅓ cups light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2¾ cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound box confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 3 round cake pans.
- Line 4 standard cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in bowl until combined.
- Then increase speed and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Beat in chocolate.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk to egg mixture, beat well.
- Beat in boiling water and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour 3⅔ cups batter into each cake pan.
- Divide remaining batter among cupcake cups.
- Bake 20 minutes for cupcakes and 35 minutes for cake layers or until done.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans 5 min.
- Cool layers in pans 15 minutes invert.
- Melt chocolate chips in saucepan until smooth.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Beat butter and chocolate in bowl until creamy.
- Blend in sour cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat in confectioners sugar until smooth and spreadable.
- Tear cupcakes into pieces.
- Coarsely grind in food processor.
- Place 1 cake layer onto serving platter.
- Spread top with 1 cup frosting.
- Add second layer, spread with 1 cup frosting.
- Top with third layer, spread thin layer of frosting around sides and top of cake.
- Reserve 1 cup frosting for top.
- Frost side with remaining frosting, sprinkle with crumbs.
- Repeat until entire side is covered with crumbs.
- Frost top with reserved frosting.