Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups boiling chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 x 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tart red apple, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 x 16-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Combine rice, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper in buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Add broth.
- Cover; bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet cook onion, celery and raisins in butter until tender crisp.
- Stir into rice with oranges, apple and pecans.
- Bake 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.