Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jersey Fresh Recipes, public domain government resource, recipe contributed by Amy Dye—original source of recipe
- 3 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ stick (6 tbsp) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan, knocking out excess flour.
- In a heavy 1½ quart saucepan, melt bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth, and remove pan from heat. Cool mixture to lukewarm and whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until mixture is glossy and smooth. Stir in salt and flour just until combined and stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it. Do not over bake.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack before cutting into 16 squares.