Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Trisha Pape
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups day old French bread, torn into pieces
- 8 squares semisweet chocolate (1 oz each), cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream, chocolate shavings, fresh strawberries
- Combine bread, chocolate and butter in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Divide mixture evenly among eight 8 oz ramekins.
- Beat eggs; gradually add milk and next 4 ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture in ramekins.
- Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ramekins in a large shallow baking pan.
- Pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Garnish, if desired.